Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Support Troops - Support America


Since I have this brand new shiny computer I am going to jump right into this world of blogging and while doing so I may jump right into a hornets nest. While enjoying the experience of playing with my new Dell, I have watched a lot of YouTube. I have stumbled across anti-war videos put together by who knows whom, but includes a lot of comments from Iraq War veterans. I have also witnessed messages of the same type on freespeech.tv on the dish satellite. Which is a sad attempt to pass falsehoods as truth under the guise of the title documentry. Anyway I am grateful for this little blog space so I state the facts as I see them which are completely opposite to those I have seen in the anti-war messages. I served in Iraq (March 05-October 05) in Fallujah. In this time I was aware of three civilian deaths due to the operations that I was involved in. At NO TIME was there an attempt to cover these unfortunate accidents up by placing shovels or weapons of any kind on them. From my knowledge, which I admit is limited every attempt was made to make amends with their families. I know that what was done could never be enough but the attempt was made. The widespread cover up civilian deaths is a falsehood as many anti-war videos claim. The message I received was to win the hearts and minds of the people and that can not be done killing indiscriminately.

I do not know what these select veterans on these anti-war videos experienced but it is not what I experienced. I do not doubt that there have been incidents where inrresponsible men took the lives of the innocent but I know that they were isolated, not widespread as these individuals would have the public believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment